Saturday, April 26, 2008

Gorillaz - Dirty Harry (Schtung Chinese New Year Remix)



http://www.zshare.net/audio/11131873a1826491/


Gorillaz. One of my all-time favorite groups. They recently put out their latest album D-Sides, which I personally feel (as a long-time fan) is one of the best things they've ever done. This album features a handful of Gorillaz favorites, most from Demon Days, remixed by various people, such as the Stanton Warriors, DFA, and Soulwax.

One of my most favorite Gorillaz tracks is "Dirty Harry" off of Demon Days. A down-tempo hip-hop groove, with the topping of neat synth sounds and a children's choir, makes for a fantastic song. On the D-Sides record, there is the "Schtung Chinese New Year Remix" of this already great track. It's not so much a remix of the track as it is a reworking of the instrumentation, trading synths and hip-hop drum kits for far-east-sounding strings and taiko style percussion. Even the language of the lyrics has changed from English to (I think) Japanese (correct me if I'm wrong, please).

I lurve it, check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mandarin not japanese